NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams Swatches + Reviews

Helllllloooooo, haven't been updating for months because I was just so busy with uni and everything. So let's not waste time and get started with one of my favourite lip products that I reach out for very often!

And they are the NYX soft matte lip creams as you can read from the title lol
Here are the four shades which I have purchased: (from top to bottom) #02Stockholm, #04London, #09Abu Dhabi, #19Cannes.


I will be listing them in the lightest to darkest shade order, note that I have quite pigmented lips, sort of like the colour of a healthy liver but lighter ( i know this is a really weird way of describing my lip colour but I'm trying to do it as detailed as possible so that one can visualise it better, as I will be describing the shades on how they look like on my lips and also on hand swatches.)


Stockholm is a light rosy-pink colour which I think can be used as a base for your lip colour if you are in creating the gradient lip or  very often like to mix different lip products to create a shade you want. It might show up as a light peachy pink on lighter lips but on my lips, it is a muted pink shade, not so mauvy but leaning more towards a baby pink.

The colour of the swatches might be more true to colour if you have lighter lips.
This is the shade #04 London, which is sort of a muted nudy beige colour on my lips which I really like cos I am very into those nudish beige lips recently since the mlbb trend. This shade looks more brownish and darker on the swatch but on my lips it was not dark at all, but rather more beige and nudish which is quite close to my lip colour but less pink.

Next up is one of my favourite, Abu Dhabi. This the MLBB shade which suits me the best. It is literally my lips but better. On the hand swatch, it is a brownish pink, which I think complements a lot of warmer skin tones and also will go well with smoky eyes or with bright eye make up, it definitely wouldn't overpower it.

Last one I have here is Cannes.
Cannes was the first one shade got after watching the youtuber Sydney (sydneytoyou) swatching it in her Dusty Rose MLBB lip collection video, I loved how nice it looked on her which got me into getting one for myself. However, it did not turn out to be quite like hers on my lips (should've figured that out  since we have totally different undertone. Sydney has really fair skin with cool undertone while I have light to medium skin with fairly warm undertone and my lips are also darker than hers). I've bought so many lipsticks after watching that video which most of them didn't really look as good on me as it did on her, and that's a lesson learnt there. Nothing against Sydney, it was purely just me not being mindful.

Back to the product, Cannes is a a typical dried-rose shade which I think is better suited for cool undertones. But for warmtones, this could also work. How I like to use it is to apply it mainly on the inner part of my lips and then blend it out. You'll still get that pretty dried rose shade.

Now onto the texture of these smlc:
I love the texture of these. They are a bit powdery but creamy at the same time. It sits comfortably on my lips, never tugs even though they're matte, they are also not super drying, considering that they're in liquid form. They won't last long on your lips, will definitely be gone after a meal but wear off nicely, no patchy-ness or flakes. I tend to drink a lot of water throughout the day but the colour will normally still be there, just not as fresh as it was first applied.

So yeah, there's the review, hopefully the next one won't be too long from now!

Comments