[Review/ Comparison] PyunkangYul Essence Toner and Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner

Ello again, I'm finally back with another Review/ Comparison of two very similar toners. Here I have the review for Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner and Dear Klairs' Supple Preparation Facial Toner. Two of these have been highly raved in the K-beauty community so along with rather high expectations, I was very excited upon trying them. I have already finished using both of them quite a while ago so I apologise for not being able to show the consistency/ texture of these products but they are very similar in terms of consistency which I will talk in a second. 

I will first talk about the Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner.

PRODUCT CLAIMS- This toner contains no water but contains 91.3% of Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract which is an oriental herb that has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Note that the ingredient list of this toner is relatively short with less than 20 ingredients in it. 

TEXTURE - True to its name, this toner is very essence-like, it has this viscosity which isn't too thick and spreads easily on the skin, which I really enjoy using as a first-step-toner. It adds a tad bit of hydration when first applied on the skin but the hydration isn't long-lasting or full on, not that I'm expecting it to be. But a few layers of this definitely makes the skin softer. 

HOW I FEEL- I would say that I really enjoyed using this toner in the first few months, especially putting on a few layers of it on my skin, because it really provides a good cushiony base for the products I use later on. Somehow, after a period of using it, I feel like this toner can make my skin feel a bit dry sometimes. I noticed my face feeling dryer compared to when I was using some other toner which I was rotating on using time to time. It is really weird because I didn't feel that at all when I just started using it, maybe after a few months I guess? that the dryness was noticeable. I thought it was just me but Liah Yoo (a Youtuber/ entrepreneur which I really like) mentioned that too when she talked about it in one of her brand focused video on Pyunkang Yul. Feel free to go check out that video too as she also expressed some of her opinions of the main ingredients used by Pyunkang Yul. Her videos are always so informative yet engaging!!

Other than the dryness that I experienced, this toner is still quite a soothing toner I would say. It helped calming down the redness I had during winter (the winter here in where I live isn't harsh but my face still gets red because of the difference of temperature of my body and the air).

Before I ramble on, let's move on to the Klairs' toner!
This toner, is probably one of the most highly raved toner in the world. 

PRODUCT CLAIMS- This toner contains various plant extracts and soothing ingredients. It is a calming, and hydrating toner which also balances the skin's pH level, improving the effectiveness of the entire skin regime. 

TEXTURE - Very similar to the PKY Essence toner, the consistency is not watery but has a a light viscosity and absorbs very nicely into the skin like, though it is a bit less viscous than PKY's. 

HOW I FEEL- Again, I love love LOVE using this toner. I usually use it with one of those spongy cotton pads from Silcot (the cotton pad itself does not absorb too much product itself and bc of its spongy property, it disperses the toner as you swipe it across your face), they are the perfect combination. 

In terms of hydration, I feel like this toner is a tad bit more moisturising than PKY's and there is no after dryness like the other one... Nonetheless, this toner is also calming and soothing on the skin. It really does prep your skin well for whatever you're putting on after. 

FINAL SAY- By now you might be able to tell which one of the two I liked more. Both of them are calming and soothing on the skin which is what I normally prefer for toners. But it's just the hydration that they provides differed on me. Also, just a small thing that I notice while buying them, the PKY Essence toner contains 200ml whereas the Klairs one contains a little lesser, with only 180ml. Klairs has also came out with an essenstial-oil-free version of this toner earlier this year. So those who are sensitive to essential oils or just don't like having them in skincare, give that a try!

So that's it from me this time. I have recently bought the Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Toner which I am still trying, so please look forward to that one! See you in the next one!!

Comments